Wednesday, May 25, 2022

A Special Day For Her 5/25/2022

 Good Morning,

The old alarm clock beckoned to me this morning a rude but much needed wake up call. I just poured a hot cup of some coffee that our daughter gave me as a gift called "Monkey Butt". It's pretty tasty and has worked to warm me up. It's time to write. 

May 25th is a day that I wake up and my first prayer is to be thankful to God that my wife Rene and I have had another May 25th together. My second prayer is to ask God for more May 25th's for us to be together. My third prayer is to ask for good health, strength to give another year a go, and to ask for special blessings for Rene. 

Psalm 65:11 You crown the year with Your goodness. Your paths are filled with abundance. 

Today is my wife's birthday and for this day to begin without being thankful for the partner God had in store for me would be totally wrong. I recall the first May 25th we spent together and were able to celebrate. It consisted of pizza and of course a trip to a place named Leon's for custard. I purchased a new Bible for her that lasted for 30 years before it fell apart. Today she will receive some sugar free chocolates and a card. When you ask her how old she is her immediate answer will be "29!" I usually laugh and say "are you sure you aren't 30 now."  In my mind and hers, she will be forever 29.She still loves to laugh and she sounds more and more like her Dad when she laughs. 

So today when I think of her I will remember that first birthday together and I bet you can guess where we are going tonight! Right now she is sleeping and it is a rest that she needs but here's hoping this May 25th will lead to more birthdays. 

Have a great day. Celebrate each day. Every day together is a bonus.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment