Tuesday, May 24, 2022

A Sharper Edge 5/24/2022

 Good Morning,

I am looking forward to my drive to central Wisconsin for work today. I packed a little extra Door County Cherry Creme Coffee for the drive. Let's write. 


Photo credit Wikipedia 

My good friend is a wizard when it comes to sharpening knives and other implements. When he returns a knife to you it is fit for shaving. There is nothing worse than a dull knife. I carry a knife with me daily and very seldom do you find me without one in my pocket. 

I also like to carry something that is sharper than any knife, cleaver or razor I own. I carry a few Bible verses in my memory vault, because you just never know when you might need one. God's Word comes in handy when you are fighting off temptation or spiritual attacks. I find at times it cuts right to my soul and convicts me of issues I need to deal with. I have a license to conceal and carry God's Word and use it as needed and have it carve me up when I need it. 

John 1;12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed on his name, He gave the right to become children of God. 

I like the way God has described His own words.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than a double edged sword. It penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow, it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. 

How about you? Are you armed with the sharpest thing this side of heaven? Why go into today with a dull spiritual knife?

Food for thought.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment