Thursday, May 26, 2022

No Power And In The Dark 5/26/2022

 Good Morning,

This morning finds me ready for the day to begin. I have a hot cup of coffee with me at the desk and it is time to write. 

Some storms rolled through last night. They weren't too strong and the rain was needed to keep thing green and looking good.  My wife and I were talking about some storms that occurred back in 1996. We had two days of storms that knocked out the power to our  home. We made it through with a portable generator and flashlights or candles at night. The biggest issue actually was a toe of mine. While walking in the dark without shoes on I stubbed my big toe on my right foot. To this very day that toe gives me a little grief from time to time. I learned my lesson to always wear shoes during stormy weather. 

It wasn't easy at first when the power went out and we had to work in the dark until the flashlights were found and the generator was started. We learned quite a bit and are much more organized now and ready for bad weather. 

Each day that we live we need to navigate the storms of life and we might feel like we are traveling through them alone and in the dark. Like we needed a light to guide us through the house which was familiar to us, we also need guidance for everyday to make it to the next day and beyond. I rely on my time spent reading God's word. My Bible is my directions for every day living and those times of hardships or emergencies. 

Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. 

Why walk in the dark? When the alternative is a well lit pathway through life. Spend time in the Bible and know not only the way but Who is holding the lamp.

Marty



No comments:

Post a Comment