Monday, May 23, 2022

Plenty Of Chances 5/23/2022

 Good Morning,

Monday is here and I am surprised at how cool it is outside. I gladly reached for my hot mug of Door County Highlander Grog Coffee . I have a lot going on this week, so let's get it started. 

When possible you can find my radio tuned into the AM radio station that carries the local baseball games. I enjoy going to games in person but when I am not able to go to the game I prefer to listen to the games on the radio. Television is ok for me, but not as good as listening to the game called out by my favorite announcer Bob Uecker . Yesterday while listening to the game our local team was not doing so well. They failed to bring to home plate several base runners. They had plenty of chances to score some runs but they failed to do so. 


I hate to say this but at times life is like a baseball game. The game ran out of innings to score and win. The team missed the boat to say the least. 

Job 4:4 Your words have upheld him who was stumbling, and you have made firm the feeble knees. 

Each day we have the opportunity to engage with others and we miss our chance to score a smile when fail to engage or be supportive. Someone in your life might need a kind word or some encouragement. Three words like I love you might be a grand slam in their life. 

When we miss the chance to score by putting kindness into play, there comes a time when it becomes too late and we struck out in life, to be very blunt. 

You might be one who has good intentions but like a batter who takes a half a swing, you have no follow through. People don't care about your good intentions until they actually see you care. 

Friends, it's time to step up to that plate, and take a swing. You can't get a hit without taking a swing. Send a card of encouragement. Make a phone call. Let someone know you care. People often  say to others, "call me if you need anything".  True friends and family perceive needs and are there before people call for help. 

Be a winner and hit some homeruns today. 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment