Monday, May 9, 2022

Let's Play Nice Today 5/9/2022

 Good Morning,

Monday arrived and that's ok with me. I have some things to get done today and then come home to a homemade meatloaf dinner. I just poured a hot cup of Door County Jamaican Blue Mountain Blend Coffee and it is time to write. 


Last night before going to bed I listened to the nightly news on television. I live near a large city and it was reported that within the city there were 13 shootings over the weekend. Of course there is a call for gun control as there usually is and I have my view on that. However I do believe that violence is out of control. And all the laws in the world will not change what is happening. There seems to be no regard for life anymore. Two people disagree and they get so angry that they stab or shoot each other. 

Yesterday afternoon I was almost run off of the road by someone who knowingly blew through a stop sign and then sped off. We were inches away from a crash. In all honesty my anger meter pegged to red hot anger. But it never occurred to me to chase that vehicle and catch up to them and place a few 9mm rounds into their SUV. Yes I was angry and if we had crashed I might have verbally lit up that speed demon. But to break the law and go to jail myself out of anger would be a crime in itself. 

Once I calmed down, I sat back and was thankful that there wasn't a crash. I prayed for anyone who might come in the path of this driver who doesn't deserve to be on the road. 

I am not sure that globally there is an answer for this except to point others to a God driven life. The world can change, one person at a time. Until then and until God calls me home I will try to do this one person at a time. 

Matthew 28:18-20 Then Jesus came to them and said, " All authority in heaven and Earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded  you. And surely I am with you always, even to the very end of the age. 

Have a good day. Make a difference in this world and give peace a chance. 

Marty

1 comment:

  1. From Matthew 28:18-20
    Then Jesus came to them and said, " All authority in heaven and Earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, even to the very end of the age.
    Thank you for sharing these words with us today.

    ReplyDelete