Friday, May 27, 2022

Suicide Is Not The Answer 5/27/2022

 Good Morning,

I wish for your day to be one of peace and happiness. It is a great day to be pouring a hot cup of Door County Irish Cream Coffee and imbibing on a piece of banana bread. 

A friend of mine called for prayer for another friend's family. It seems as if their estranged brother was found dead from having committed suicide. I guess this note today went right to the point. I am often way too busy to notice things that are going on around me. I have a close circle of friends and a small family. I have a lot of acquaintances/ friends and there are times that I cannot tell you what is going on in their lives. 

Romans 15:7 Therefore welcome one another as Christ has welcomed you, for the glory of God. 

I am convinced that some of the problems we see in this world are caused because we spend too much time not noticing and including others. Do you know that the neighbor kid dropped out of high school? Do you know why? Do you even know the neighbor kid's name? Just to be included in a coffee clutch or a cookout could be the start of saving a life or lives. When you look at your calendar and you have two tickets to a ball game do you reach out to the 'loner" and take him or her to the ball game? People long for inclusion. Your friendship might just be the action that makes them feel included, wanted and needed.  It could stop a suicide. 

Author Leo Tolstoy was never a rich man. But one day while walking home Tolstoy encountered a beggar on the side of the road. The man asked Tolstoy if he had any money to spare. Tolstoy reached into his pockets and turned them inside out and said, "Brother I myself have nothing to give. I am sorry". The beggar replied "That is ok, you gave me something worth a lot more. You called me Brother".  You see my friends a sincere conversation might mean a lot to someone today. Make a difference by reaching out to others today. Your circle of close friends might just grow. Save a life, wake up and notice those around you.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment