Tuesday, February 1, 2022

In God's Hands 2/1/2022

 Good Morning,

I am enjoying the quiet of our den this morning. A hot mug of Door County Chocolate Cherry Coffee is within reach and now it is time to write.


Last Saturday night during our monthly prayer meeting at church a prayer request was brought up to the small group of prayer warriors gathered there. In our community there was a house fire and a small boy was burned over 80% of his body. He was in critical condition at a local hospital. Our group has a heart for all prayer requests especially for little children. They quickly adopted this little boy into their hearts and their prayer list. His family was also a focal point of prayer. 

John 10:29 My Father. who has given them to me, is greater than all, an no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand.

As I thought about our new little friend I could only imagine what pain that little man was in. As a teenager I spent a week in the local burn hospital. I wasn't burnt, but was there for an eye injury. I was placed on the children's burn floor probably due to a high census elsewhere in the hospital. Later in life I realized why I was there. During my stay I had both eyes covered for healing. My other senses seemed to kick in and work harder. So I could hear these burned children pleading in pain for their mom. When they would take the kids for wound debriding these children would scream at the top of their lungs as they were headed for wound care. Often I could hear their  screams through the door of the treatment room. As much as I was worried about the future of my eyesight, I was grateful to be in a hospital and not burned like a potato chip. I wasn't a believer back then, but I still found myself saying a prayer for those poor kids.

Psalm 16:11 You make know to me the path of life, in your presence there is fullness of joy. At your right hand are pleasures forever more. 

Getting back to our prayer for this little boy. He passed away the next day and for some reason I felt like a hollow log, rotted on the inside and barely solid on the outside. Now I believe this little boy is in heaven with our Lord Jesus. He is in no pain and enjoying his new life. My prayer has increased more for his family to be able to recover from the loss of their cherished son. I am not sure you ever fully recover from the loss of a child. We prayed for his recovery here on Earth, yet God totally healed him by taking the little boy home. I truly feel bad for these parents, yet God has filled this hollow log with peace, because I know this child is in God's hands. 

Love to all.

Marty


1 comment:

  1. The hearts of each one in our little group goes out to Gideon's family.

    ReplyDelete