Monday, February 7, 2022

Here Come The Weddings 2/7/2022

 Good Morning,

It won't be too much longer and I will be enjoying a hot cup of Door County Cherry Cream Coffee and a small breakfast. 

But for now it is time to write. Yesterday my wife Rene and I were discussing this upcoming summer and how busy it is going to be. In July we will be attending two weddings that are two weeks apart. Two of our nephews will be saying the Big I Do and a third just announced his engagement and we are waiting on the date for that one. 

Psalm 85:10 Love and faithfulness meet together,. Righteousness and peace kiss each other. 

We were given plenty of notice as to when these big days would be. The calendars were cleared and our plans except for something unforeseen are set in stone to be there. I am sure some of you reading this are in the same boat and will be attending a wedding or two yourselves. Some of you might be standing up in the wedding and participating as a best man, or maid of honor. Some of you might not hold those two positions of importance but you are in the wedding party. 

Rene and I will get all spiffed up and we will be there. I for one have already been attending without being seated in a church or other venue. I have made sure to be praying for these big events. Weddings can be very stressful for a bride and groom as well as their families. So I decided that long before the date arrives I will be part of the wedding just by praying for all those involved which includes all of the wedding vendors.   

My prayers for the bride and groom are specific to the wedding and that it can be a blessed, happy and incident free occasion. I am sure that they won't know this is happening, but I consider this as their elder statesman in the family to be my honor and duty to do so, 

My point is this. Long before they say I do is when you need to start praying. Offer to help if needed. Jesus attended a wedding as a guest. When the celebration ran out of wine Jesus stepped in and showed compassion by turning water into wine. He saved the families the embarrassment of not having enough wine. So if needed roll up your sleeves to help. And you might just want to dance a little.

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment