Friday, February 11, 2022

Four Month Victory 2/11/2022

 Good Morning,

My desk chair seems to be a little harder to sit on this morning. It could be that a 12 hour drive yesterday has me just a little stiff and sore. I just poured some Door County Breakfast Blend Coffee and not it is time to write. 

1Peter 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant, because your adversary the devil rams about like a roaring lion, seeking those whom he may devour. 



Last night while driving home from a visit to celebrate Christmas with our daughter and grandson I received a text from a friend. He was celebrating four months of sobriety and he was sharing the good news. I am very proud of his accomplishments. He is a good man, like many are, who just got sideways in life. I know of two men who pray for him every day. 

I don't believe he knows this. His sobriety has changed him in many ways and at times when speaking with him it is like I am speaking to a different person. He has dropped sarcasm from his vocabulary and is more loving and supportive of others. 

He is more of a man of prayer than he was before and I would and will go to him with prayer concerns. It is amazing how one big change in a life has such a trickle down impact on other areas of a life. 

I give God the praise, honor and glory for the change in my buddy. I credit my friend with sticking to his classes and his determination to change. 

The lesson for the day though is this. I will be praying extra hard for him now. Because, after this victory Satan will do everything he can to help my friend fall off of the wagon of sobriety. He doesn't like to see God's children be victorious. So friends, don't stop praying for those who have overcome addictions. They always face the attacks of one who would love to see them fall and fail. Satan knows where their sweet spot is and will go right for their weakness. I can't wait until he tells me that he made it a year. And he will!

Have a great day.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment