Tuesday, February 8, 2022

The Hat For A Friend 2/8/2022

 Good Morning,

I wish I could say I was drinking some Door County Coffee this morning but that isn't going to happen today. I am not whining today,  I have a very good reason for being coffee free this morning. 

Yesterday I took some time and spent it with my wife and we went antique shopping. It was pretty uneventful for the most part. Rene did however point out a couple ideas she had that would be a project or two for me. I am trying to avoid too many projects at this point in my life. I ended up with three, maybe four. I am glad I am not a bull fighter, I can't seem to avoid anything. 

Deuteronomy 28:2 All these blessing will come to you and accompany you, if you obey the Lord your God. 

In one particular antique shop there was a display of old women's hats. We have a friend who wears dress hats and we thought of her. I sent our friend a photo of the hat display and she inquired about one of the hats and wanted a few more details. We were already across the street when I saw the text reply. We went back and sent another photo or two. While in the shop Rene held up another hat and I sent a close up photo of that one. Out friend decided to purchase that one instead. I thought the hat was a little high priced and told Rene that I was going to try to negotiate a lesser price. Rene walked far away from me and said "just pay what they are asking for" . I said "no." Half of the fun of spending this time with her is haggling about prices. I was able to get a 10% discount from the shop owner and that boosted my male ego a little. We will see our friend on Sunday, she will receive her hat and I boosted my testosterone level a little, Rene was happy spending other peoples money and so it was a great day.

My point is this. It was a simple outing, but it was a good one. We made the best of an opportunity and also made the day better for someone else. So today, whatever it presents, just roll with it and make it work for you and others. Share your day with others!

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment