Sunday, February 13, 2022

When The Coffee Cools Off 2/13/2022

 Good Morning,

Let me say this on a cold frigid morning. I am glad to have a roof over my head and a fire in the hearth



Today my analogy will come from the Door County Chocolate Caramel Truffle Coffee I am drinking as I write.  I always preheat my  mug before I pour coffee into it. It helps a little to not have the coffee cool down too quickly. After pouring the hot liquid into the mug, I microwave the morning joy for an extra 19 seconds which I find produces the perfect cup of coffee. 

Song Of Solomon 7:6 How beautiful and pleasant you are, O loved one, with all of your delights. 

This sounds extreme and somewhat strange to most people. And I will admit that it is. But the coffee is mine and I know what I like.  The coffee mugs I use aren't expensive, but they are special to me. Each one has a photo on it of a loved one, or a special moment in time on them. For instance the one I am using today has a picture of my dad, my grandfather, my great great grandfather and me on it. We all shared the same first name and all three of them were hard workers which reminds me every day to work hard at what I do. 

The problem with my mugs is that they are all porcelain and they hold a temperature fairly well. But sooner than later the coffee cools off. I have tried these new insulated coffee tumblers and they keep the coffee hit longer , but then the memories are not printed on them. Someone gave me an electric mug that plugs in and it worked pretty well until it overheated and burned me. That one got tossed out quickly.

The only thing that works for me is to drink my coffee before it gets cold and the replenish it with another hot mug filled to the top, and warmed for 19 seconds after pouring. 

By now you are ready to stop reading this and I do not blame you. My analogy for the day is this. As coffee cools and just isn't the same so are relationships. Tomorrow is Valentines Day and I will tell you the importance of occasions like these. They are reminders to invest time in keeping your marriage, or dating relationships fresh. Avoid taking one another for granted and infuse some freshness into a cooled but content cup of love. It doesn't take too much to warm things up a little. And as I wrote, the coffee cools and does not have the original zing of that first sip, but it can be made new with a little effort on my part. 

So here is the challenge. Whatever works for you, do it, and keep the love and romance alive and fresh each day, but especially today! 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment