Thursday, February 10, 2022

I'd Like To Buy The World A Coke 2/20/2022

 Good Morning,

I am drinking a cup of coffee and for the life of me I cannot recall the brand or the flavor. I just know for sure that it was brewed with love. 

We have been traveling and visiting family for a few days. Due to unforeseen circumstances we finally celebrated Christmas with our daughter and grandson. Life doesn't always go according to the schedule we set and you adapt and overcome. 

Romans 12;16 Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud or conceited. Associate with all people. 

Yesterday our travels took us to Atlanta and we visited "The World of Coke". I guess you would call it the Coke Museum. It had everything you ever wanted to know about the history of Coca Cola from it's early start to present day. The displays brought back many memories for me and my wife. 

Back in 1971 Coca Cola produced a commercial that had a bunch of young people singing a song in harmony and it represented the world. It was a diverse group of people and in the song there was a wish for them to buy the world a Coke and keep it company. I remember that commercial well. 

I found myself humming the tune in my mind as we went through the rest of the day. As I write this morning, I believe we missed the mark somewhere in 1971. The time was ripe for change and the world was tired of war. Had nations actually sat down and tried to be friendly who knows what the world would be like now. 

So if I could, I would buy the world a Coke and sit down in harmony today at least for a few hours.

Marty


4 comments: