Monday, February 21, 2022

Bad Connection And I lived Through It. 2/21/2022

 Good Morning,

I am sitting quite comfortably in our den writing today with a hot cup of Door County Christmas Coffee at my side and two dogs sitting on my feet. 

Zephaniah 3:17 The Lord your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save. He will rejoice over you with gladness; He will quiet you by his love; He will exult over you with song. 

I have not written since the 18th. I traveled this last weekend for a short retreat to celebrate my birthday. And believe it or not I actually was in a remote spot where no matter what I did I could not obtain internet service. Most of the time I did not have cell phone service either. You could say that I was "off the grid".

I enjoyed my time away and actually found time to rest and take a nap. It felt good to unplug and rewind a little. I was able to forget about the world for a little while and enjoy the outdoors. It was as if I walked away from life and closed the door on it for a couple of days. I had plenty of time to pray and think. But soon enough my short respite ended and it was time to come home and get back to life as it is. 

My thought for today is this. There are times when life just seems to have a choke hold on us and we just rush from situation to situation, and from problem to problem. Then there are just plain old responsibilities that you just cannot run from. 

But whether it is for two days, a week or fifteen minutes, it is good to unplug, rewind, and rest your heart, mind and soul. I was gifted by God to actually see an elk herd during my travels. The state in which I live has started to try and establish elk into the massive woods available to us. I have read about it but have never seen any elk while out hunting for other game. During my vacation from the world God showed to me a herd that is establishing itself and living free. I knew on Saturday night that God [painted a scene for me and it was beautiful to see. Although unplugged from the world I could not unplug from God. He was nurturing a busy heart, mind and soul. I just needed to take some time to stop and rest with Him.

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment