Thursday, February 17, 2022

Trimming A Few Branches 2/17/2022

 Good Morning,

I await a hot cup of Door County Chocolate Cherry Coffee and some ham and eggs for breakfast. So as soon as I am done writing the pan is going to sizzle and breakfast will be just moments away.

John 15:2 Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit.

In a couple of weeks it will be time to trim some apple trees on our property. When I do this and I am surrounded by a few dead branches and there are pruning's from some good branches I often think of the verse above. I look at the mess I make with the trimming and it often reflects what my life looks like. My life at times looks like a Class A mess. It's at these times that if I slow down enough to assess the mess, I see the Heavenly Vine Dresser has been trimming away some of the junk in my life or He has decided that I could do more and He is freeing up some time for me to serve His Kingdom.

Trials that come our way just might be a heavenly pruning that has entered a season of your life and when it is over you will bear more fruit for God.

Have a great day and try to see a mess for what it might be!

God bless,

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment