Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Defending Yourself 2/16/2022

 Good Morning,

I just poured a hot cup of Door County Hazelnut Cream Coffee and soaked a cookie in the steaming cookie softener. What a day this will be.

I find it funny that in less than a week I had a discussion with people about self defense and the Bible. With more and more violence taking place the discussion as to whether or not a Christian should own and carry weapons is being more than bantered around. 

I for one believe in defending my property and my family. I own a gun and know how to use it. Before I would let someone harm my family they would warned and do well to stop. I hunt a lot, and shoot as a hobby now and then so there are other reason why I own a gun. 

King David praised God for preparing him for war. Psalm 144:1 Blessed be the Lord, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Note also the apostles were armed. Peter pulled his sword on the night that Jesus was arrested. Jesus healed the man Peter cut, but note they were armed and Jesus knew it. 

Christians should only own weapons for purposes that honor God. Hunting, sport shooting, military, or peacekeeping,  along with self defense are ways that owning a weapon honors God. 

1 Corinthians 10:23 All things are lawful , but not all things are helpful. All things are lawful, but not all things build up. A person should reflect on his or her motives for owning a particular weapon. 

Every Christian should obey and practice all gun laws. Romans 13:1 Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. 

The choice to be armed is a personal one and I won't tell people what they should do. They need to make a decision that works for them and gives them peace. 

Have a great day. 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment