Saturday, February 5, 2022

No Regrets 2/5/2022

 Good Morning,

This day started early for and it it going to be a late one tonight. I hot cup of Door County Hazelnut Cream Coffee is by my side and it is time to write. 

2 Peter 2:22 What the true proverb says has happened to them: The dog returns to its own vomit, and the sow, after washing herself, returns to wallow in the mire. 


Today I will be attending a men's conference titled "No regrets". It is an inspirational event held at a local church and is open to all men. 

As I was preparing my heart and mind for attending last night, I asked myself this question. " Hey Buddy! Do you have any regrets?" It did not take me very long to compile a list in my head that would make you choke. My list was basically a regrets list built upon all the mistakes I made in a life that I never thought would last this long. 

My biggest regrets were the times when I repeated dumb mistakes. The times I returned to the trough of sin. The second biggest list were of opportunities that I did not take when given the chance. My third biggest list were opportunities I accepted and didn't pray about them and only saw them fail.

I would like to say that from this day forward I will live a life of no regrets. We all know that statement has little or no hope for success. It could! but chances are I will screw it up somehow. Better yet, I would like to strive to live a life of no regrets. 

Only by the grace of God is this possible and it will require more prayer and time in His Word. 

Take it one day at a time. Don't plan tomorrow. Live this day with no regrets. 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment