Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Gatorade Bath And Mother 2/15/2022

 Good Morning,

A day without Door County Jamaican Blue Mountain Blend Coffee is not going to happen today. The coffee is brewing as I write. 

Psalm 71:9 Do not cast me off in the time of old age. Forsake me not when my strength is spent. 

Last night my mother in law gave us a call just to chat and and shoot the breeze for awhile. She just wanted to talk about the Super Bowl played on Sunday. She gave me a full commentary on the game and her opinion of the half time show.


She was very complimentary toward both teams but had a soft spot for the quarterback for the LA Rams. I listened to her and it was apparent that she had watched the whole game. I was amazed that at 94 years old, pushing 95 that she would watch the whole game. I asked her what she thought of the commercials. 

"They were ok. I really wish they would do more with the big horses" I assumed she was talking about the Budweiser Clydesdale horses. We talked for about thirty minutes and she was very alive and well. 

 I watched about 5 minutes of the game and had other things to do. I love football, but just was too busy to devote a few hours to the game. My mother in law enjoyed the whole game and couldn't wait to talk about of all things the Gatorade Bath at the end. 

This call was important to her and she laughed and talked with a voice that seemed a lot younger just because she had something important to say and someone would laugh with her. Best 30 minutes I have spent in a long time. So today, make that call to your own parents or in laws because you will probably enjoy it more than they do. They have something to say! It might just make your day.

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment