Thursday, February 24, 2022

Prayer For Ukraine and Europe 2/24/2022

 Good Morning,

It snowed a little last night in my part of the world and the wind is quite brisk. Not too much clean up is required. So for now I will stay inside with my cup of Door County Jungle Bell Java Coffee to keep me warm.


Last night the local television was interrupted to bring us news that an invasion of Ukraine had begun. Russia has been massing troops along the border with Ukraine and now it looks like they have shown their true intent. Why am I writing this, when just about everyone knows about it? 

Here is what I can tell you about this war. People on both sides will die. Young, old, military, non military. A beautiful country will be torn up and hatred will grow. I never thought we would see a conflict like this in Europe that mimics World War Two in my life time. 

I mentioned the deaths that will occur on both sides and as governments seek a peaceful solution and sit in disbelief as I do and as many of you do, we have one action that we can all take. And that is to pray, and pray and then again pray some more. 

1 Timothy 2:1-2 First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intersessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, 2. for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a quiet and peaceful life, godly and dignified in every way. 

Philippians 4:6-7 Be anxious for nothing, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts in every way. 

I am in prayer for all of you to stay closer to God now and forever.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment