Sunday, April 4, 2021

When The Roll Is Called 4/4/2021

 Good Morning,

Happy Easter to all of you. You might not know me personally, but jus know this for sure. If you are reading this daily blog, you were prayed for. The radio in our den is playing softly. The sun is up. My mug is filled with Door County Hazelnut Creme Coffee. It is time to write. 

As I reflect today on Easter Sunday I am grateful for the fact that when I woke up on this fine day that I did not wake up in hell, and won't ever be there. Today we celebrate the resurrection of our Savior Jesus Christ. Jesus was laid in a tomb after His death and as promised in Scripture He was risen on what we now call Easter morning.

What power it took to bring this dead man back to life, make the Earth quake and then roll away a large stone. Power like that only can be found in God. The power to restore a life. It doesn't take a lot of power to end a life, but that heavenly power to resurrect a life after three days of death belongs to God and God only. 

Back in 1981 I found Jesus Christ and the process of cleaning up a reprobate life began. The first step was for me to admit that I needed a Savior. My life was void of God completely. That happened on one lonely night. God showed His power that night to restore life to a soul where there was no music, no purpose, no joy. God resurrected a dead soul.

Philippians 4/4 Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you, will carry it on until completion, until the day of our Lord Jesus.

2 Corinthians 5:8 We are confident, yea well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord.

It has been a long haul at times and each day God continues to teach and lead this old soul to new improvements. He is not done with me yet. I know this for sure though, that I will be heaven bound on that final day when God calls me home. When He takes roll call I will be there.

Revelation 3:20. behold I stand at the door and knock. Behold if anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to Him and dine with him and he with Me. 

No matter where you are, what you have done, God is still in the business of restoring souls to new life and life for eternity. Turn to Jesus today He's waiting to hear from you.

Marty



No comments:

Post a Comment