Friday, April 23, 2021

"Ground Hog" Day 4/23/21

 Good Morning,

This morning I have "Ground Hog Day" (GHD) on my mind. Every year GHD is observed on February 2nd. It is a day when the townsfolk of Punxsutawney Pennsylvania gather in Gobblers Knob to watch a furry Ground Hog be plucked from his burrow to predict the rest of the winter.

Hebrews 13:16 Don not neglect to do good and share what you have. It is pleasing to God.

This custom usually makes the weather news as well educated, well paid meteorologists (weather man or weather lady) add this jovial custom to their forecast. I for one do not trust the weather forecast to if or if not this furry mammoth sees his shadow or not. But fun is fun so I play along with the game and have a chuckle or two along with everyone else. 

Within the next few weeks I will be observing my own version of "Ground Hog Day". I have a small abundance of pheasants in the freezer and my goal is to combine some ground pheasants with some pork and make my own bratwurst. Thus "Ground Hog Day".

I make my own sausages in the "Old World Manor and freeze them up in vacuum sealed bags, They will be stored until the weather is warm enough to actually sit outside and have a picnic. I want to reopen our home to guests after this long bout with covid and celebrate my wife's birthday. I for one don't like the idea of doing all that work and not using the fruit of my labor for a celebration. 

Here's to the dogs that supplied the pheasants! Here's to Mom and Dad who gave me the old equipment. And most of all here's a thank you to God for the feast He will provide. 

Friends, take a little time this summer to celebrate life. Revisit Ground Hog Day.

Marty



No comments:

Post a Comment