Tuesday, April 20, 2021

The Bag Left Unopened 4/20/2021

 Good Morning,

The door to the bedroom opened this morning and it wasn't much of a surprise to me to see our dogs Gibbs and Leo sitting at the side of the bed letting me know that breakfast would be much appreciated. I grabbed my cup of Door County Heroes Blend Coffee and ran up to the den to write. 


I was up late last night baking bread rolls to give to someone this week. It is a gift that is long overdue. My wife Rene will bag them later today and they will be ready to give away. Nine out of ten times these rolls turn out perfectly and last night was no exception. They came out of the oven and looked perfect. I sampled one and it was delicious. I then went to bed. The sleep was much needed. 

Now once the rolls are bagged and given away all that needs to be done is for the bags to be opened, a roll chosen and then slathered with butter or honey and you have a feast. But the bag must be opened for the rolls to be useful. 

John 6:35 "I am the Bread of life. No one who comes to me will ever be hungry again."

Jesus leaves us with a open invitation. 

John 6:51 "I am the living bread, which came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever, and the bread that I shall give is my flesh, which I shall give for the life of this world. 

Jesus offers us sustenance for our spiritual lives. As bread nourishes or physical bodies, His Word, wisdom and his sacrifice on the cross provide for our spirits. This is a free gift, and is never forced upon anyone. Without opening the bag, the rolls I made will get moldy soon and be of no use to anyone. Without accepting the invitation to Jesus, you will not be nourished in your spirit and soul. You will be stagnant and restless in your heart and soul.

Food for thought.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment