Thursday, April 22, 2021

Destroy Pride Before It Destroys You 4/22/21

 Good Morning,

Just a short note today. 

On Tuesday as I was listening in on our Men's Bible Study I was overwhelmed by the knowledge that pride is a true weapon of our adversary the devil. As humans we often make ourselves into our own form of idols. We minimize the holiness of God, His infinite wisdom, and we dare to compare ourselves to Him. We are the only part of creation that willfully sins against Him with our disobedience. Pride is a killer to our relationship with God.

His glory and kindness are unfathomable. He works all things for the glory of His name and His will. 

Isaiah 4:28 I am the Lord. That is my name and I will not give my glory to another or my praise to idols.

It is impossible to have too great of a view of God. He cannot be measured. And we certainly do not measure up to Him. When did the created become greater than the Creator? Yet God is very concerned about every aspect of our lives. We are important to Him

Pride often enters our lives when we have too low of a view and understanding of just how vast God is. We place God on the back shelf and place ourselves out front to be seen and pumped up by the world who desires us not to submit in humility and obedience to the Great I Am. 

The opposite of pride is humility. We must fight to revere God if we want to be humble. Understanding Him lowers our opinion of ourselves and puts us in our proper place. 

John 3:30 He must increase, but I must decrease.

Pride can be our downfall. Drop the pride and place yourself on the shelf in the proper place. 

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment