Friday, April 9, 2021

New Blue Jeans 4/9/2021

 Good Morning,

It sure is nice to be sitting in our den at my desk with a cup of Door County Gingerbread Spice Latte Coffee next to me as I write. I pray this day will make me a blessing to someone.

My wife Rene and I have very few arguments and if we do have a disagreement we have been married long enough to know that when the blood pressure goes up, the mouth takes a big drink of shut up juice. We then pray and ask God to show us where we might be wrong. Not a prayer to be able to point a finger at the other person, but to clear our own heart and mind of what might be our own selfishness or pride.

So when Rene announced that it was time for me to purchase new blue jeans I conveniently had old age hearing issues. I detest, just simply detest buying clothes for myself, which means I have to go shopping.

Proverbs 27:1 Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know, what a day may bring.

James 4:17 So whoever knows to do right, and fails to do it, to him it is a sin. 

I was able to hold off the jean pursuit in her next round of "you need jeans" by just simply using my favorite line, "I am too busy right now. I will get around to it". I foiled her plot! Thinking that she would forget. It worked! But not long enough. I fell for a plan that she devised which shows her mind is still sharp and maybe mine needs a tune up. Rene asked me yesterday if I would be working today. I replied "no". She had several dress shirts in her arms headed for the ironing board. She said she wanted to know which shirts I wanted for my work week and wondered if I would need one for today. The fox sprung the trap on me. "Since you aren't working tomorrow, and since it will be raining and you can't work in the yard, and I doubt anyone will call you to save the world from something, we can go shopping for jeans! 

She went on. "Hon the styles of the younger folks with their jeans split open in strategic spots don't look good on what is supposed to be an older gentleman. Belt loops were made for belts and I cannot repair these any longer. And NO, walking around with your pants down around your butt is not going to happen. That style is the only one that has caused me to contemplate putting my foot where the pants are supposed be. Keep three pairs of these old frayed and well worn jeans for home work clothes. I hate to see a grown man cry. We will come home today with three new pairs. And by the way. I think it's time you bought lunch for the two of us"

The argument was lost. I just had those jeans broken in the way I like them. Anyway here is the point for today. Somewhere along the ride of Friday you will be asked to do something you might not like, but it is good for you. You can procrastinate all you want but eventually you know it needs to be done. You can go down kicking and screaming all the way, or you can do it and mark it off of your list. Some things are not worth fighting over. I forgot to mention I tried saying "can't you just pick some up for me"? The answer was "sure Hon. How do you think you will look in skinny jeans with rhinestones?"

If it needs to be done, get it done. I try to be a holy man, but as my wife said. "Being holy doesn't start with over worn, well aged jeans." Don't put off what needs to be done. It just might add too much for tomorrow.

Happy Friday,

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment