Wednesday, April 28, 2021

It Just Happened 4/28/2021

 Good Morning,

This day started with prayer and a hot cup of Door County Country Morning Blend Coffee. It is time to write.

Psalm 27:13 I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. 

I mentioned that my day started with prayer and it did. The minute both of my feet hit the floor I started praying for a family and a community. I do not know this family. The communities involved are familiar to me, but in a distant way. Yesterday I read the news that a young teenage boy with autism was found after a few days of searching for him in the North Woods of Upper Michigan, The young boy was deceased. He had wandered away from his home. He was unable to speak due to his autism. He could not call out. I had been praying he would be found, but as each hour and day passed by it was getting more grim. The Upper Peninsula is still in the throws of winter and as it snowed and stayed cold my heart was sinking. 



Hundreds of people were searching for this boy. Businesses closed so people could join in on the search. I had just inquired from a friend as to the status of the search yesterday morning and was told he had been found, but had passed away. 

My point is this. As caring, concerned, people our hearts go out to his family, friends and community. We need to be the type of people who will drop what they are doing, to assist someone in need. We all need to pray when we can't be on the scene. As tragic as this is, I saw love in action as people united to search and keep searching despite the cold wet snow falling. They were committed to good.

Can your community, friends, and family count on you to search for someone like they were your own? 

I hope so. 

Marty

2 comments: