Friday, April 16, 2021

He Knows Your Name 4/16/2021

 Good Morning,

Happy Friday! It is a little cold in our part of the world today and I needed to make a small fire to sit by and write. My mug is filled with Door County Highlander Grog Coffee and after some prayer and soul searching it is time to write.

John 10:14 I am the Good Shepherd. I know my sheep, as the Father knows me. And my sheep know me. 

My goal for today is to leave you with a heart that is reassured of the love of God.  If you have ever been to a Major League Baseball game on opening day, or stepped into some of the world's busiest airports during holiday seasons you will understand what I am trying to say. The venues I am speaking of are crowded with people. There are people everywhere and it is hard to find anyone you know. My wife and I were separated in a crowd in the Atlanta airport once and I just couldn't spot her. Of course her cell phone was turned off and until she called me, we just couldn't connect. As I walked, I saw people everywhere. But it was hard to spot "a person".  It reminded me of the cattle drives seen in Old Western movies. Many single cows made up a herd. I was in a herd of people. Many singular faces became a flock of faces. At a distance they all looked the same. I couldn't find the one I was looking for. 

We often feel like we are in a herd, or flock and no one knows where we are. That is not true with God. He knows you, by face and name. Our Good Shepherd knows His sheep, their name and their face and He will never forget you. You are important and loved.

Have a great day!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment