Monday, August 24, 2020

A Different Use For A Sausage 8/24/2020

Good Morning,

I woke up to the sound of Door County Creme Coffee brewing very early and when the aroma it my nostrils I knew it was time to get up and start the day.

Philippians 2:3 Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility, count others as more significant than yourselves.

My wife Rene likes a grilled bratwurst for dinner and she always has it on a bun with ketchup. I have never seen her have one any other way. Yesterday as I was thawing out some bratwurst for dinner she walked by and remarked "brats sound good for tonight". I just smiled. I had no intention to grill brats and serve them on a bun. I do 90% of the cooking in our home. So to mix it up now and then I will take something that is normally used one way and find a different way for it to be cooked and served.


My wonderful wife doesn't like changes much at all. She is a middle of the road type of gal and doesn't like to stray or try new things. So when I showed up with a couple of  grilled skewers strung with sausage pieces, mushrooms, zucchini, mini potatoes, and green peppers marinated with Italian Salad dressing she was shocked. "What did you do to the brats"? was her greeting. My reply was "I tried something new. Try it you will like it."

After she completed eating dinner she acknowledged that the shish kebabs were pretty good.

My point in all of this is that at times we should embrace change and look at things through other's eyes. I am all "brated out" for the summer and a change was needed. Now if Rene had her way we would forever be eating charcoal grilled brats when brats are on the menu. She admitted later to being stubborn and unwilling to try something different.

So long story short. When changes come along, if they don't hurt anyone and aren't immoral, can't you just say "lets try it your way which is different"  instead of always having things your own way.

Later Rene said that we should have shish kebabs more often. But just "let me know if you are messing with the brats. I can prepare my mind ahead of time" . She also gets in the last word.

The woman cracks me up.

Marty


3 comments: