Saturday, August 22, 2020

Hang In There. After All They Are People Too 8/22/2020

Good Morning,

It's a true pleasure to be watching the sun come up today. It is quiet, except for a few geese honking on a pond near by. I expect them to come flying over our home in about 20 minutes or less. So I will write, listen and drink my Door County Cherry Creme Coffee here on the patio.


Now and then I just get fed up with telling the same people the Gospel Message of Jesus Christ and how to turn from their way of life. They are always willing to call for prayer or ask for help, yet never seem to catch on to the basic theme that everyone needs Jesus and they need to turn away from some of the things they do which constantly pull them down.

It gives support to the old theory "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink".

So as I examined this thought going through my head this morning, I determined through reading my own Bible earlier that I need an attitude adjustment myself.

I was confronted by Scripture, which is not always pleasant to endure, that I am here until God calls me home and I have no choice but to minister to those He sends my way, despite their inability to listen or put action behind the advice given.

Jude 1:22-23 Be merciful to those who doubt; save others by snatching these from the fire; to others show mercy, mixed with fear , hating even the clothing  stained by corrupted flesh.

In other words, don't give up on people.

God bless,

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment