Saturday, August 29, 2020

The Windows Are Open 8/29/2020

Good Morning,

The day is beginning with a blast of sunshine coming from the East. I just poured a cup of Door County Cinnamon Hazelnut Coffee and it is time to write.



I am sitting in our den on the second story of our home. I would be outside if it weren't for the downpour of rain we experienced last night which has all the outdoor furniture wet.  Our heat wave also disappeared last night. The air conditioning is turned off and several windows have been opened up and a cool breeze is coming into the house. I don't know what smells better, my cup of coffee or the fresh air.

Genesis 8:6-12 After forty days Noah opened a window he had made in the ark.

Friends, today I opened a window to receive fresh air into the home. I did not open it to give anything to the morning glory I see through the window. The fresh air is soothing to my lungs, mind and my soul. I know that all good things come from God and I consider this beautiful morning one of those good things.

Our hearts are like windows and we can shut them up for periods of time and not allow anything in. Physically our hearts rely on oxygen to survive. Cut off the oxygen supply and you soon cut off life. In the recount of creation God breathed life into man.  That God Breath is still necessary to all of us. When we close the window of our hearts and just say "enough of this world is enough" we become stagnant. We miss opportunities to see God at work. Our hearts become hardened.  We miss the simple things like praying for others. We lose our feelings of empathy and life soon just become a life without "fresh air".

I think a lot of the problems of the world are caused from closed windows of the heart.  Today as I gaze out of this window, I see more than just our property. I can see the neighbors property and one needs a fence repair that I can do from my side of the fence for them. When we open the window of our hearts we might be able to see the view point of others and if they do the same thing they might see the viewpoint of your heart, not the one they perceive. Perception is not always reality.

So notice, God instructed Noah on how to build the ark and in the construction documents He designed a window. Not a window to stay closed, but one that opened. The window was used to send out birds in search of the waters of the great flood receding. The window wasn't used for bad, but for good. And though there was a time that it had to be closed, there also was a time for it to open

Food for thought. Is it time to open your heart's window.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment