Sunday, August 23, 2020

Retired? 8/23/2020

Good Morning,

Sunday morning, and I just finished watching the sun come up with a cup of Door County Almond Toffee Coffee next to me.

Well it is a true fact that my wife and I have approached the retirement season of our lives. We have talked and prayed about what we might do for the future. Many years ago we adopted a Bible verse for our home.

Joshua 24:15
New King James Version (NKJV)
15 And if it seems evil to you to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.”

During different times in our lives we were more active within our church than others. But I cannot remember a time in our marriage when we were not serving the Lord and church in some way or another.



What is nice to know is that we might retire from secular work we can still be used by God and He does not have a retirement age. There is always something we can do.

Promises to Abram

12 Now the Lord had said to Abram:
“Get out of your country,
From your family
And from your father’s house,
To a land that I will show you.
I will make you a great nation;
I will bless you
And make your name great;
And you shall be a blessing.
I will bless those who bless you,
And I will curse him who curses you;
And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.”

So Abram departed as the Lord had spoken to him, and Lot went with him. And Abram was seventy-five years old when he departed from Haran.

You see 75 years old and God still had a plan to use Abraham. When God looks at us He does not see old men and women. He sees His children. You are only as old as you choose to feel. God still has a plan for you. Now you young ones. Don't wait until life slows down to serve the Lord. As we grow older, Rene and I often recall the service we took part in and smile as we recall the many memories. Make some memories with God.

Have a great day.

Marty



No comments:

Post a Comment