Tuesday, August 11, 2020

I Believe In Angels 8/11/2020

Good Morning,

It feels good to be at my desk this morning after a night of stormy weather. The temperature outside is much cooler today and  my cup of Door County Blueberry Cobbler Coffee is soothing my bones and warming me up.


I haven't ever said much in my writing about angels. But I want to make this statement today. I believe in angels. The number one reason I can make that statement is that I believe the Bible and all 66 books of it to be the Inspired Word of God. And there within the pages of His Word it says there are angels and so I believe that to be the truth.

Matthew 25:31 When the Son of man comes in His glory, and all the angels with him, then He will sit on His glorious throne.

I don't believe that when a human dies and they go to heaven that they become angels. That would be contrary to the Word of God.

I do believe that we have angels around us that do the bidding of God and at times will be seen in bodily form and blend in with our comings and goings. There are too many times that danger has been coming my way and I cannot explain why or how it was averted. There have been times when my water bottle in a parched land just never seemed to run dry. Who filled it? I have been given directions by someone and then turned around for a moment and they were gone, never to be seen again. This happened one time that I will never forget. While on a mission trip we were praying as to where God wanted us to go. Literally we wanted directions from Him. We looked up and about one block away a lady was waving for us to come her way. When we reached her she said "I am here to show you the way". She took us to a street where there were many homes. She told us to go in where they would let us . Most of that street was stricken with a fever. Those homes where we were allowed to enter let us  pray for them. One by one as we left that street people were telling us that those we prayed for did not have the fever. Once we arrived on that street, the lady was gone and we never saw her again.

Psalm 34:7 The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear Him and delivers them.

 This study could go on for hours and days. I just wanted to say that this grown man knows that angels are more than an ornament on a Christmas tree. They are real and they are among us.

How about thanking God today for just another way He cares for you and me?

Have a great day.

Marty

1 comment:

  1. Marty, I also believe in angels. June and I encountered a pair of angels one evening after leaving the hospital. We spent some time conversing with them and then they were gone to soon.

    ReplyDelete