Monday, August 3, 2020

Automobile Accidents 8/3/2020

Good Morning,

Monday arrived as was promised to us. I choose to greet the day with some gusto and energy. My mug of Door County Mistletoe Mocha is steaming next to me and now it is time to write.

Psalm 46:2 God is our strength and refuge. A very present help in the time of trouble.


Photo Credit Wikipedia 

I will never forget the sound of my first car accident. The metal of the car as it twisted and the sound of the crash itself is one I will never forget. I have had a few more over the years and fortunately for me none were very serious. There weren't any injuries or loss of life.

That can't be said for all car accidents. All too often car crashes result in loss of life or very serious injuries. A bad accident can often shut down roads and definitely causes people to be late. We see the emergency res ponder lights ahead of us and traffic slows down to a standstill or a crawl. The first thing we usually do is to look at our watch or the clock in our car. We decide whether to wait it out or try to find an alternate route to our destination.

But what should we do? In a few instances when I was on the scene first, I tried to render aid by pulling over and assisting. Once I pulled over at night just to find a pregnant woman who was very confused wandering around the twisted wreckage of her car and a truck. I did what I could to keep her calm, provided a bottle of water and let her sit in my warm truck. She was awfully afraid for her baby. I asked her if we could pray together and she said yes. It was at that time that I called on God to assist in the welfare of those involved in the crash.

Most of the time I am just another delayed commuter in the one open lane and probably going to be late for something. There is no excuse for sitting there in my car feeling sorry for myself. Someone up ahead is having a very bad day or could be in great pain,. Their car is trashed and their life just changed for the immediate future or forever. What should we do? We should immediately pray for all of those involved and call upon God for help. I usually include the emergency res-ponders in my prayer also,

It is never too late to pray for the people experiencing grief. Prayer is always appropriate and is on time every time. So if I pass by you and you've just experienced a car crash, you know at least one person is praying for you.

Pray on!'

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment