Tuesday, June 30, 2020

A Letter From A Friend 6/30/2020 Recipe Included

Good Morning,

I am writing to you while the Door County Coconut Cupcake Coffee is brewing. Today will be an easy day at work and I look forward to seeing some old friends.

The weather has turned rather hot for this time of year and this part of the world. Yesterday I was working outside and the heat had me sweating profusely in no time.

Proverbs 25:25 Like a cool drink of water when you're worn out and weary, is a letter from a long lost friend. 

I forgot to pack some frozen water bottles to take along with me on my work day. A cold drink would have been handy around noon yesterday. I was thinking about the ice cold sweet peach tea I would be drinking when I got home.


I came across Proverbs 25:25 in my studies this month and the verse just kind of stuck with me. I do enjoy letters or Christmas cards from friends and they always warm my heart.

I am ashamed to say that I forget to read letters from my best friend all too often. When I thirst on a hot day, I seek a cool drink. When I thirst for encouragement, love or directions I need to read the love letters God has written for me. I can satisfy that thirst by drinking in God's Word. It is the only thing that can quench the thirst and wash down the dust of what the world throws my way.

As much as I long for the cold peach tea on these hot days I also long for God to quench my thirsty soul. So today, my friends, take some time and drink in a letter from God. Refresh your heart, soul, and mind.

Marty

Sweet Peach Tea Recipe Ashlyn Edwards Belle Of The Kitchen

ingredients

  • 5-6 regular tea bags(I use Lipton)
  • 1 quart water
  • 1 (15 oz) can peaches in juice, pureed in blender or fresh peaches 
  • 1 quart cold water

Simple Syrup:

  • 1 cup water
  • 1 cup granulated white sugar


Mediavine

Instructions

  • Boil one quart of water in a large pot. Add tea bags and steep for 3-5 minutes. Remove tea bags and discard.
  • While tea is steeping, prepare simple syrup: in a separate small saucepan, combine one cup of water and one cup of sugar 
  • and bring to a boil. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
  • Pour simple syrup into pot with tea and stir. In a heat-safe pitcher, combine the tea with pureed peaches, and one quart of cold water. Refrigerate until ready to use.
  • Serve tea over ice with fresh mint and peach slices if desired. Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment