Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Dance Because You Can 6/3/2020

Good Morning,

This morning seems so peaceful and calm right now. Some storms brightened our sky with some lightening and rain washed the sidewalks and the yards last night. Our two dogs are sleeping now as I write. They were awake for sometime because of the lightening flashes last night. My mug is filled with Door County Cherry Creme Coffee and now it is time to record my thoughts.


I am proud to say that on Monday I finished a chore that I have been working on for some time. I completed cutting and splitting our firewood for the year and have a good start on the following year. I am attempting to cut enough now for two neighbors to be able to enjoy the warmth and glow of their fireplaces this coming winter. So I am praying for a supply of wood to be found.

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 To everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose under heaven:
2. A time to be born, and a time to die, a time to plant, and a time to harvest that which is planted.
3. A time to kill, and a time to heal, a time to break down, and a time to build up;
4. A time to weep, and a time to laugh, a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
5.A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to     refrain from embracing;
6. A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
7. A time to rend, and a time to sew, a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
8. A time to love, and a time to hate, a time of war, and a time of peace. 

As I was cleaning up the driveway from the last of the wood splitting and raking up the saw dust from my chain saw, I was playing some music loudly so I could hear it. I used the stereo from my truck to blast some vintage 1960's rock and roll into my work area. I was celebrating the hard work and the blessing of having full wood racks. None of the wood was purchased. God had blessed us with a free supply. The only cost to me was some labor.

My wife Rene joined me in the clean up process and I heard her singing to the music. I began to do my version of the "Twist" and soon the two of us were dancing behind the privacy of our truck. When the song finished we were both laughing and I said "This will probably result in some new body aches later". We both laughed harder.

My point is this. Every now and then you have to dance, just because you can. Life is too short to not be spontaneous and enjoy life. It has been a rough week already as our nation mourns another tragedy and violence has hit our streets. But in the middle of the hurt and and conscience searching for our nation, God gifted Rene and I with free fire wood and enough health to complete the job.

So if today or in the future you feel like dancing, go ahead and dance. Celebrate life while you can. There is time to mourn, fight, laugh and cry. There is also a time to celebrate.

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment