Sunday, June 28, 2020

It's A Pretty World Today 6/28/2020

Good Morning,

I am sitting in our den on the second story of our home as I write today. The windows are open and a mild breeze is coming in and I can feel it on my face. Both dogs have their noses to the window and my hot cup of Door County Highlander Grog Coffee is helping me to salute this day.



Lamentations 3:22-23 The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, His mercies never come to an end. They are new every morning, great is your faithfulness.

This blog travels to many countries and today wherever you are living my prayer for you is to see the pretty world you have been given. Everyone reading hopefully lives in some type of dwelling. I am sure that each home is different according to the preference of those residing there or income.

It's not like this old duck hunter to call anything pretty. I usually will use the term "beautiful" but today I use the term "pretty". we need some pretty in this world right now.

I wish that everyone could look beyond their residence today and see the pretty world it is today. If you have a family member living with you or you will see a friend today that you can exchange a smile with, your world is pretty today. My wife Rene is still asleep, but my plan is to greet her with a "good morning" and a smile. I know for sure that I will receive a smile and a greeting in return. That smile can be an emotional bouquet of flowers for the one receiving the greeting and a smile.

You can beautify your world with the way you greet the first person you see. You might be in pain today and that is an ugly world, but if you have a caregiver and can greet them with a hearty good morning and a smile you will share a moment of a "pretty world". If we can greet those we will share this day with, and do it with an attitude of gratitude we will have a pretty world today

If  by chance you started your day before you read this, and it didn't seem so pretty as you complained about everything and anything, and did not greet that first person with a smile and a morning greeting that adds emotional flowers to their day. HEY! start over, and go back and have a restart! 

I was looking forward to seeing a friend at church last night, which would have been a huge victory for this fella who has been battling illness for months. I know he would have been smiling and many would have smiled with him. Unfortunately, it was just wishful thinking. But some time today I will call him and we will exchange a smile over the phone. It will be a pretty world just being able to do that with him. I look forward to the day that we both pick up our shotguns together and take our dogs out to chase some pheasants.

You are loved today.  You can make your world pretty today and you can make someone else's world pretty also. It all starts with that first greeting.

God bless,

Marty




2 comments:

  1. Thank you Marty for making my day a little brighter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Counting down the days until we can get you back to prayer meeting.

      Delete