Friday, June 5, 2020

Comfort Food For The Soul 6/5/2020

Good Morning,

Door County Cherry Creme Coffee it is for my morning java. Friday arrived right on time.

Last night I wrote the Friday devotional for our church web site and I thought I would copy it here today for the rest of the world to read.


Comfort Food
Faith Bible Church Friday Devotional 6/5/2020 
Hopefully the term comfort food is familiar to you. I for one find a bowl of chili comforting during the winter on a freezing cold day. To me that is comfort food. When I am ill and feeling poorly I turn to chicken soup for comfort food.



As Christians we have to be reminded that our Spiritual comfort food is found in God’s Word.

Matthew 4:4 Jesus said, “It is written: ‘Man does not live by bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”

Church Family, the year 2020 has been challenging to say the least and I wish I could say that all will be well soon. I don’t know what the future holds, but I know Who holds the future. I am as perplexed about the world as much as you are. So I tried chicken soup and I tried a bowl of chili for comfort and it didn’t help. “Come on” I said. “Chicken soup is supposed to be good for the soul”. But that was pure folly. What my troubles my soul cannot be cured with spicy chili.

I needed to be reminded of where I can calm my nerves and soothe my soul. I went to my journal and reviewed some dark times in my life and read once more the Bible verses that carried me through. God’s Word and prayer are better than any comfort food or Rolaids.

Today I am sharing two verses that spoke to me in the past and gave me comfort.

Psalm 119:76 Let your steadfast love comfort me according to your promise to your servant.

Isaiah 41:10 Fear not, for I am with you, be not dismayed, for I am your God, I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Family, Scripture is full of comfort. Dine on it. Absorb it into the marrow of your bones and be filled with comfort once more.

God bless.

2 comments:

  1. Be strong, be bold, don't be afraid or frightened of them, for Adonai your God is going with you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you.
    Deut 31:6 CJB

    ReplyDelete