Thursday, June 25, 2020

Happy Anniversary A lesson From The Folks 6/25/2020

Good Morning,

Another Thursday is here I am starting it with prayer and a large cup of Door County Cherry Creme Coffee. I am ready to write, so let's begin.


My parents would have been married for 65 years today. They have both been gone for a few years now and I somehow remember their anniversary date. I sure do miss them. People like to ask others this question. What one thing did your parents teach you, that you still do? Well they taught me to tie my shoes and I still do that.  I know that when someone asks this question they are looking for something a little deeper with more purpose.

1 Corinthians 14:40 But all things should be done decently and in order. 

The one thing my parents taught me together, is that when you take on a job, you need to give it your best and show up on time, every time. They were very strict about not missing appointments or being late for anything.  I recall my dad rushing us off to school one morning even though we were telling him that we didn't have school because the boiler was broken. He made us go anyway. He then felt sorry for us because it was so cold. He gave us a ride to school just to take us back home when he found out we  were right.  But we would have been on time!

To this day, I dislike being late for anything. I would have to say that of all the lessons I learned from my parents, that is the one that stuck with me the hardest and the longest. Being on time, says a lot about a person's character.

So today, if you have an appointment, try to be on time. Your character is on trial.

Marty

2 comments: