Thursday, June 18, 2020

A Plate Of Gnocchi For Mother 6/18/2020

Good Morning,

I am happy to be alive and kicking it today. My work day might run long, but I look forward to working with a friend of mine and earning a dollar. I chose Door County Hazelnut Creme for my coffee today and now it is time to write.



This coming Sunday my wife Rene and I will travel about an hour to visit her mom. Mother will be 93 years old soon and she needs just a little help with the laundry now. Rene will help with the laundry and my mother in law has an assignment for me which I believe is to make copies of photos at the local Walgreens.

Usually when Rene goes out to help and visit I send a couple meals with her so Mother does not have to cook every day, I talked to her last night and I asked her if there was anything she would like for me to make for the meals. I was surprised when she said "Yes there is something you could make for me. I would love some Italian food. Maybe some of those dumplings you served one time would be great."  I knew exactly what she was talking about when she spoke up. I did recall the gnocchi I served and and how she packed it away. Now it's a little work to do this, but it's the least I can do for the lady that gave birth to one great daughter. It is a privilege to serve the lady who welcomed me into her family.  I always call myself her favorite son in law and she agrees. That's because I am the only one! When I make the gnocchi this weekend and add some Italian sausage to the pasta sauce I will be reminded of our wedding vows once again.

Ruth 1:16-17    16. But Ruth said: "Entreat me not to leave you, or turn back from following you; For wherever you go, I will go; And wherever you lodge, I will lodge; Your people, shall be my people;  Your God, shall be my God.

17. Where you die, I will die. And there will I be buried. The Lord do to me, and more also, If anything but death parts you and me."

Rene was always there for my folks and would make the long trips to Michigan with me. And I in return will be there for her and her mom.  That's a vow that I enjoy keeping. How about you? Are you living the vows you made? Are they forever fresh in your mind?

Have a great day.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment