Sunday, August 26, 2018

When You Experience A Miracle. Say Thanks 8/26/2018

Good Morning,

The picnic table in our yard has given me a great place to write to all of you today. Rene is sleeping and on top of the table sitting next to my Door County German Chocolate Cake Coffee is our Dog Gibbs. His eyes are on the sky watching the birds fly around. Gibbs learned a few of his antics from our last dog Fritz. Frits thought he owned the picnic table.  This is a great setting to be still, write and listen.



Job 28:25-27
"When He imparted weight to the wind And meted out the waters by measure, When He set a limit for the rain And a course for the thunderbolt, Then He saw it and declared it; He established it and also searched it out.
                                                                      
Matthew 8:26-27
He said to them, "Why are you afraid, you men of little faith?" Then He got up and rebuked the winds and the sea, and it became perfectly calm. The men were amazed, and said, "What kind of a man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey Him?"

Yesterday our church held it's annual picnic and it was open to the community. Everything served was  free. In addition to great food, games and acrobatic entertainment there was a classic car show. Many and I do mean many car owners showed up with there old and new automobiles. The event was advertised and the only thing that would keep these car owners away would be rain. All week long I listened to the forecast for Saturday and it promised some rain storms for Friday night into Saturday morning, but clearing by noon. Even if that happened and it cleared by noon, most of those cars were not going to show. There would have been a lot of food with no where to go. People refer to weather events as "Mother Nature" acting up. I will tell you this and we won't spend too much time on it. God controls all that happens and the reasons He allows weather events to happen is a lesson in theology that would take several days to explain. There is no such thing as "Mother Nature".

But we were faced with storms and we knew it. I believe in asking God for things and I also believe that how He answers that plea is up to Him and I will accept the answer. But as a church we were all praying for God to spare us from the storms. We prepared a back up plan to hold the event today on Sunday if we had to. I have to say I wasn't thrilled with the back up plan and I think God taught us a lesson. I think that lesson will be learned for awhile. First of all the picnic date was chosen after prayer. Right after that was done God owned it. If it rained, He supplied the rain and for a reason.

I as well as many others prayed for God to come through and show the weather forecasters that He moves storms. The rain never touched us. The morning haziness blew away and we were given a day of sunshine and a nice breeze. We saw a miracle happen. I want to thank God for hearing our voices and allowing us to reach out to the community and have them celebrate with us.  God moved the rain storms and showed us that He is the Planner of all events. Our back up plan which I will say was foolish never needed to take place. I sit here humbled by My God and Creator.

Don't forget to say thank you for the miracles you experience.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment