Thursday, August 16, 2018

When The Drain Plugs Up 8/16/2018

Good Morning,

Door County German Chocolate Cake Coffee is brewing in the kitchen. The aroma is way too good for me.

There have been many times when I just wanted to rewind the day and do it again because it was very special or nice. Just one of those days that you wanted to relive as soon as possible. Yesterday was not one of those days. While putting my shoes on yesterday morning I slipped a little and my left knee gave out. It ended up being very sore all day long. I didn't really sleep much so when I missed my mouth with my coffee mug the java went right down my white shirt.

Everything was a struggle yesterday and I was pretty useless to those around me for some reason. Later in the afternoon a dear friend and coworker let me know that she was moving on to a different hospital. That one took most of what was left of the wind in my sails away.

Then after dinner I started to make a big bowl of coleslaw for a luncheon today. My cabbage shredding got a little bit away from me and before long I had a plugged up drain on our kitchen sink.  Rene gave me the look of" Now what did the village idiot do?"  An hour later the drain was unplugged and the salad was finished. Guess who slipped on the wet floor and popped that knee out again?  I wanted to just bury my head in the sand and hide from the rest of the night. I just wanted to turn on my old record player and play the Beatles song "Yesterday"

There was only one thing left to do besides ice packs on my knee. I grabbed a Bible and started to read and then I prayed. I soon was convinced that I needed to do exactly what my tee shirt has written  on it. "SUCK IT UP BUTTER CUP" . No time for whining or crying over spilled aftershave. Oh, by the way that happened too.



But I did take some time to look up and share some Bible verses you can use when the day seems to be going bad like a snowball on a July day. They soothed my soul.

1.) Remember, the Lord is near.
The Lord is near to the brokenhearted    and saves the crushed in spirit.
~Psalm 34:18
2.)  God is with you and He loves you.
The Lord your God is in your midst,
    a mighty one who will save;
he will rejoice over you with gladness;
    he will quiet you by his love;
he will exult over you with loud singing.
~Zephaniah 3:17
3.) You are in a spiritual battle – be strong in the Lord!
Be strong in the Lord
and in the strength of his might.
~Ephesians 6:10
4.) You are not alone.
It is the Lord who goes before you.
He will be with you;
he will not leave you or forsake you.
Do not fear or be dismayed.

~Deuteronomy 31:8

I was led to some peace and I remembered that other people were having a much worse day than I was having and I had no right to complain. That is just the cold hard facts. Just the facts.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment