Friday, August 24, 2018

My Door County Coffee Story Part 1 8/24/2018

Good Morning,

Good Morning,

I will be starting my day with a hot cup of Door County Highlander Grog Coffee in a few minutes.



I promised someone that I would tell how I got started drinking Door County Coffee and why I write about it in our devotional. It will take two days to complete the story.

I was very ill in the winter of 2010. After a brief hospital stay My wife knew what was best for me and that was medication and rest. She prescribed a get away to Door County Wisconsin. She rented a suite with it's own kitchen, fireplace and hot tub. My orders were to rest, read my Bible, rest some more and relax. The place where we stayed  gave us a basket of Door County Goodies to eat and drink during our stay. Cherry jam, salsa, bread, and some packs of Door County Coffee graced our taste buds.

My wife and many others were very concerned for my health. In February there is not a lot to do in Door County. Her plan worked. I slept a lot, watched the Olympics, read my Bible in front of the fire place and worked on what would be a long recovery. (Until July)

I woke up early and made the coffee one day. I broke open a pack of Door County Cherry Crème  Coffee and let it brew. I tasted the coffee for the first time, free of stress, and opened my Bible and began to read. The aroma from the coffee permeated the suite and it was such a great experience on a very cold morning.
My wife walked in and said "you look rested today. How do you feel? Has anyone told you yet that you are loved?" Well it was just the two of us and I told her yes, "God beat you to it."

That morning with a hot cup of coffee that tasted so good and my Bible open I read.

Isaiah 49:15-16

New King James Version
15 “Can a woman forget her nursing child,
And not have compassion on the son of her womb?
Surely they may forget,
Yet I will not forget you.
16 See, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands;
Your walls are continually before Me.
 
I knew that morning  God had spoken to me and  although I was afraid, worn out and ill like never before I was not alone and God loved me.
 
I knew then that I wanted more of that coffee and the hunt for the company would be on. The rest of the story tomorrow.
 
God bless,
Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment