Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Only The Strong Survive . He Is My Strength 8/29/2018

Good Morning,

Looking forward to a cup of Door County Cherry Crème coffee this morning. I had someone ask me again where they could obtain Door County Coffee. Here is the link. www.doorcountycoffee.com




Only the strong survive? I once owned a Dodge Ram Charger 4 wheel drive with a lift kit and knobby tires. In the window I placed a decal that referenced the words "Only the Strong Survive". I was going through a rough time in my life and had vowed that the world would not beat me down. I was convinced that through hard work, personal strength and plain old mean self  would carry me through. I was fighting the good fight but it seemed I was losing the battle on every front. I did not see any hope nor did I expect to find any. Circumstances wore me down. Then I received an invitation. The invitation was a Bible verse.

Matthew 11:28-30 (NKJV)

28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

That was the final blow. I read that verse and that one verse took the fight right out of me. I realized that without Jesus and His help I was drifting alone in a huge sea of despair. I guess that when I thought I was defeated the cross was all I needed.

The fighter surrendered his heart. What some would think was a loss in the battle was actually the victory. I had somewhere to take my troubles to, someone cared, someone would listen. That someone was Jesus. In my weakness He made me strong.


Romans 8:31 (NKJV)
31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?
 
2 Corinthians 12:10 (NIV)
 
10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
 
No longer an army of one but one who has the Ultimate Leader. Oh life gets tough sometimes this is true. But when I look up from the battle there is the assurance that I am never alone. And then I can say "Only the strong survive"
  

Philippians 4:13(NKJV)
13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Joshua 1:9 (NIV) 
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”

Go ahead, Have no fear. Jesus is there to bring rest for the weary and carry the battle.

Love to all.


 Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment