Sunday, August 19, 2018

The Little Lady And Her Story 8/19/2018

Good Morning,

This morning finds me drinking a hot cup of Door County Dublin's Delight Coffee and I can't help but look out at our yard and wonder where the summer has gone.
 


Philippians 4:19 English Standard Version (ESV)
19 And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.

Our apples are just about fully ripened and the tomatoes are being picked a dozen at a time, signaling that summer is about to close and soon.

Last night during our weekly Saturday church service one of the ladies from our congregation spoke to us and told us her story. ( Some refer to this as giving her testimony). She is small in stature but delivered her message with power and grace,. I don't believe that there was anyone who was not touched by the message of her journey.

I knew most of the story and had asked her to speak because of it. Our friend was blessed with two special needs children. There was a time that she was left homeless, slept in a car with the kids and just scratched out enough to be able to eat. She told us about her struggles that were many, and how one day God sent her a message in a box. The box contained a Bible that was hers and was being returned. She embraced God's Word and through the Holy Spirit began to embrace God. She still had struggles , but knew she was not alone and as she embraced the struggles, God sent believers her way to assist.

Her children are adults now and they are two of the most polite and friendly young adults I have ever met. They both are quite accomplished in school and are a testimony to their mom and step dad of what a family can be no matter what.

It is an amazing journey that she has traveled and if anyone had a right to complain, she certainly did. What I told the congregation after she spoke was this. " I have known this lady for quite a few years  and not once did I ever hear her complain".

Friends, God is bigger than any complaint we have and if He brings you to it, He will bring you through it. I think about the little things I whine about and I am ashamed to banter about my frivolous complaints. I am considered to be a tough guy, a man's man, but I am not even close to being as strong and tough as this 100 pound gal.

So today as my mother always said, "quit complaining, someone has it worse than you", pray for those around you who are on a rough, hard road and count your blessings. You don't know their story.

Happy Day,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment