Saturday, August 25, 2018

My Door County Coffee Story Part 2 8/25/2018

Good Morning,

Saturday showed up and I am headed to church for our annual picnic. It is the yearly celebration of our start up as a church.
So today I will begin my day with a hot cup of Door County Peanut Butter Crunch Coffee. I am looking forward to grilling corn for the church members and a some hamburgers too.



Here is part two of the "Coffee Story". A couple days later we were still in Door County Wisconsin. I was up early as usual reading and drinking some more Door County Coffee that we had purchased in a small shop in Fish Creek. My wife mentioned to me that she wanted to check out a candle shop on Hwy 42 to see if they were open. I felt good enough to go along and said "maybe we can eat breakfast out today?". We both thought that was a good idea.

We found the shop my wife was looking for and I looked up and saw a sign that read. "Door County Coffee Company". We were right there! I could smell the coffee coming out from the door when it opened. We went in and wandered through the different coffee selections and purchased a few.

There were some tables there and they served breakfast pastries. That was just what we wanted. While I sipped on my coffee my wife looked up and said. "You have had me worried. I want you to take better care of yourself. I don't want to lose you." I realized that I had been sick for a long time and I put off going to the doctor. I looked into her eyes and saw that she had aged in the past two weeks and it was because of me. It sank in just how much she loved me and how much I loved her. I have always loved my wife and I admit not being the "perfect husband". But on that day over a cup of coffee I fell in love with her all over again. I then began writing about my daily coffee in my blog and haven't switched brands.

Matthew 19:4-6

"Haven't you read," he replied, "that at the beginning the Creator 'made them male and female,' and said, 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh' ? So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate."

We have been back to the coffee store many times and I really do enjoy their coffee. But when I drink a cup of Cherry Crème Coffee  I remember the coffee, the day, and who I was with. My wife , my best friend.
 
God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment