Saturday, August 4, 2018

Stooping Down (When The Snow Is On The Roses) 8/4/2018

Good Morning,

The following story is one I wrote early in 2014 and I recalled it as we walked to our car in a crowded parking lot after a baseball game last night. I witnessed a man berating a young woman loudly in front of many people calling her a whore and other things that won't make it on this paper. She was sobbing and was just standing there. It was a bad scene. I had just started walking over to her when a much younger and bigger guy went and separated her from this loud mouth.  She fell to her knees. He stooped down, picked her up and walked away with her to a spot of refuge where other women began to console her. The personal details will never be known to me or you. But it helped me recall this blog from a cold January day.



When The Snow Is On The Roses. Written By Marty Schutte January 2014

Good Morning,

I am still having trouble adding 2014 to anything I date. It really shouldn't be hard to do. For me I am glad that 2013 is in the rear view mirror of life. This morning has started with a hot cup of Door County Maple Coffee. Off I go!

Yesterday while lugging in some firewood I had to walk by our rose bushes which are now covered with old leaves, trimmed low and are full of ice and snow. We have been blessed with a beautiful rose garden and have not had to replace a rose bush in many years. As I stopped for a moment to reflect as snow fell all around me I could not help but go back six months and recall the beauty of the garden. I know that somewhere under that frozen tundra, life is just waiting to come forth in the spring and beautify the south portion of our home once again. Those roses are a joy to us and I often see my wife stooping down low to smell the roses, water them and feed them.

Jesus stooped down also. He stooped down one day and brought life back to a young lady accused of being a prostitute and was to be stoned. He saw a life of what it could be, a life of rebirth, a life that needed nurturing, a life that needed a Savior.

John 8: 1-12 New King James Version (NKJV)

But Jesus went to the Mount of Olives.
Now early in the morning He came again into the temple, and all the people came to Him; and He sat down and taught them. Then the scribes and Pharisees brought to Him a woman caught in adultery. And when they had set her in the midst, they said to Him, “Teacher, this woman was caught in adultery, in the very act. Now Moses, in the law, commanded us that such should be stoned. But what do You say?”  This they said, testing Him, that they might have something of which to accuse Him. But Jesus stooped down and wrote on the ground with His finger, as though He did not hear.
So when they continued asking Him, He raised Himself up and said to them, “He who is without sin among you, let him throw a stone at her first.” And again He stooped down and wrote on the ground. Then those who heard it, being convicted by their conscience, went out one by one, beginning with the oldest even to the last. And Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst. 10 When Jesus had raised Himself up and saw no one but the woman, He said to her, “Woman, where are those accusers of yours? Has no one condemned you?”
11 She said, “No one, Lord.”
And Jesus said to her, “Neither do I condemn you; go and sin no more.”
12 Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.”

Jesus saw a life when no one else did. Won't you today reach out and help someone find their way to Jesus. You might have to stoop low and come down off of our self righteous seats and get involved or take a stand. But I bet if you asked the prostitute if she was worth it she would smile and say yes.

Have a great day,

Marty

I don't usually repost anything but this one just needed to be heard once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment