Thursday, August 30, 2018

The Duke Of Earl On Hummingbird Lane 8/30/2018

Good Morning,

The kitchen is calling me with a mug of Door County Tanzanian Peaberry Coffee and I sure could use some this morning.



Last night while I was working on some of my duck hunting equipment I was listening to some Doo Wop Oldies in our garage. I have some music recorded so that I can listen to my favorites. It was getting late and Rene came outside with a glass of sweet peach iced tea for me and reminded me that it was time to call it quits. She walked around my equipment and gave it a motherly look that signaled it was time for me to pick up my toys and get ready for bed.

Just then one of my all time favorite songs started to play. It was the Duke Of Earl I grabbed my broom and busted out my dance moves. Those moves would have made any antique man proud. Rene started to laugh very hard and she said that I should give up my dreams of being on Dancing With The Stars.

Much to our surprise, when the music ended there was some applause coming from the street. Two people out for a walk stopped and were watching my best Fred Sanford dance moves. They were laughing and said "dance on". I was laughing so hard, never expecting to be seen in my moment of random silliness.

Proverbs 17:22 New International Version (NIV)
22 A cheerful heart is good medicine,
    but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.

There are three thoughts that I can share about this. 1. Dance while you are able and enjoy your moments of silliness. 2. You just never know who could be watching you and first opinions are hard to overcome. I am sure this couple thinks that I am nuts. My wife already knows that I am and I believe she dated me out of pity.

Lastly enjoy some humor now and then. Life is too short not to laugh. Laughter is an amazing ability that God gave us all. Laughter helps us cope with sadness and life. Laugh on!


God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment