Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Getting Back On Your Feet 8/15/2018

Good Morning,

There is a blessing out there today, somewhere, somehow I know you will be a blessing to someone today. I just poured a large mug of Door County Mocha Mint Coffee and now it is time to write.

Numbers 6:24-26 New International Version (NIV)
24 “‘“The Lord bless you
    and keep you;
25 the Lord make his face shine on you
    and be gracious to you;
26 the Lord turn his face toward you
    and give you peace.”’

Life has a way of knocking us down once and awhile. Sometimes the beat down comes from the consequences of our own choices. I learned that lesson the hard way many times. I remember a time when I just did not know how I was going to pay my bills let alone survive. Jobs were just not to be found. Of course I prayed every day for a job, but nine months later I was still unemployed. I did anything and everything I could to earn an honest dollar.



It seemed as if I would never make it. But God heard me cry out and He waited until I was willing to say "Lord any job please. I will do anything". I hadn't wanted to do anything outside of construction and plumbing. But along came a health care job and the rest is history. God had a different plan.

But during that time when I was trying to get on my feet, I learned how to sew my jeans, and how to grocery shop for deals. I learned to say no to things I did not need and couldn't afford. My friends used to ask me to go with them on fishing trips. I really wanted to go, but just could afford it. I had bills to pay and neglecting my creditors was not feasible or right. So no had to be the answer. I met a friend who helped me do side jobs. He taught me to tithe and pay taxers on the cash jobs. When you need to get back on your feet, there are no shortcuts. I learned to appreciate a job and not slack off. It has paid dividends to be a good worker.

My point is this. When you reach rock bottom, there is only one way to go but up. But in order to go up, one must look up and embrace  Jesus. Then it is one lesson at a time to get on your feet spiritually and emotionally. Your ship might have taken on water, but it isn't sunk. God and you are a majority.

Think this through. Are you ready to receive the hand of God who wants to help you find Him?
It all starts with the first look up.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment