Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Listening To The Storms 8/21/2018

Good Morning,

How did I forget to have the Door County German Chocolate Cake Coffee set to brew at 4:30AM? I am not sure where my plan went wrong last night, but now I must wait for that java delight. Oh well, time to write.



I had to do a little traveling last night and my wanderings had me driving through a couple of storms. The storms I was traveling through weren't all that bad, but at times God put on a great electrical show. A couple of times the rain was coming down so hard that It was hard to see.

As I drove along my mind wandered to my fear of God. I know He loves me and He has done some amazing things for me throughout the years, but I still fear Him. Anyone who can paint the sky with the power and strength I witnessed in the storms and yet can handle me with love and care is awesome. I believe my fear of God keeps Him in my highest regard. I believe to fear Him, shows respect for Who He is. I believe to fear Him is a the first step to wisdom.

I pondered the world and the antics that go on each day and I asked God why things are so screwed up. Later, as I was studying and preparing notes for my blog, God spoke through His Word and the answer was clear. The world does not have a healthy fear of Him. We are unwise and do not treat Him as holy nor do we show Him the reverence He deserves

 In the same way a child would in relation to their parents. God can be gracious, or if we are in rebellion and lose our view of fear he can also judge. The fear of God, is having an awesome reverence that can only come from knowing Him by experiencing His presence and seeing His work in our lives. When God's awesome holiness is sought and understood one cannot help react in the fear of God.

Scripture tells us that God is to be feared.

Job 28:28 And to man He said, 'Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom, and to depart from evil is understanding.'

Psalm 111:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom

Solomon wrote, Proverbs 9:10 “The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.

Proverbs 1:7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

The answer was this. The world is foolish and despises wisdom from above. Thus we try to control a world without the One who made it. Simple enough.
This lesson was brought to you by a storm that God provided and a curious mind.

God bless.

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment