Sunday, July 1, 2018

The Day After The Wedding 7/1/2018

Good Morning,

July 1st landed at our door today and mine has a beautiful sunrise with it. We are in the grip of a heat wave and it doesn't look like it will give in for a few more days. But, since it is July I will go with the theme of celebrating Christmas in July. My Coffee today is Door County Jingle Bell Java.

 



I wrote in yesterday's blog that I would be officiating at the wedding of a young couple and I did as I said. It was a beautiful day and the ceremony went as planned. Beautiful vows were exchanged before God and man. God was truly there yesterday and it was evident. The wedding reception/celebration was very nice. Since everything was planned for being outside, the excessive heat was the only thing that had to be dealt with. But with plenty of ice cold drinks it was manageable. Rene and I both enjoyed being there and for me being a part of this day was a true blessing.

The celebration will go on for another day with a gift opening, and dinner later. Friends will catch planes home and by tomorrow others will be headed home by car. Our young couple will head off for a honeymoon and Rene and I will go back to work. I woke up and prayed for all who will be involved in the day and I will continue to pray for this young couple who in a week, will really start their married life. I will head to church with my friends on my mind and a prayer in my heart.

We did do premarital counseling for weeks prior to this big weekend. And today I will leave them a reminder of what our main point was during our counseling in the blog today. My job is not finished as we three will meet again in six months just to see how things are going and check to see that the marriage is running on all cylinders with God at the head.

Matthew 6:33 New King James Version (NKJV)
33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.

The day after a wedding, lots to think about.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment