Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Delivering A Eulogy 7/18/18

Good Morning,

My day began with prayer and a cup of Door County Lakeside Fuzzy Naval Coffee, extra hot. I sure hope this day goes well.



Later this morning I will deliver a eulogy for the husband of a friend of ours. His wife asked me to do so last week. It is an honor to assist a family during these rough days. I am painfully aware of the fact that some of the fine friends of mine who read this blog are still dealing with the loss of a loved one. Me too.There are days that my mind takes me back many years and a memory of a loved one who has answered the call to come home, will cloud my eyes with tears. I miss them and can't wait to see them. One thing I have trained this mind to do is to catalog at least one very fond memory of them in the back cabinet of my brain. I pull the memory to the front of my mind, close my eyes and relive that good time. Everyone of those memories gets better each time it is recalled.
 
Philippians 4:6-8 English Standard Version (ESV)
do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.

It works for me and it helps the pain go away. Prayer and celebrating memories, what a great combination!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment