Saturday, July 28, 2018

A Co-Worker And Vacation Bible School 7/28/2018

Good Morning,

The old coffee maker just brewed a pot of Door County Highlander Grog for me and I am thankful for a little quiet time this morning.

Matthew 5:14-15 New King James Version (NKJV)
14 “You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house.

Yesterday while working on a project at the hospital it became apparent that I needed the help of a co-worker. She came to the meeting and added her knowledge to the project and within an hour the work was finished, at least for her portion. Before she left we exchanged talk about our plans for the weekend. She told me how she was working at her church teaching for Vacation Bible School in the evening. As she was speaking about VBS I could see in her eyes the passion she has for Jesus and children. Her eyes twinkled and her smile grew larger as she told me that she has been working at church VBS since she was a teenager.



I pondered our chat on the way home from work and I am truly convinced that when teenagers start serving God it is very likely that they will continue to serve as they grow older. Serving the Lord seems to be engrained into her and you can tell she loves it. I believe the love relationship with serving Jesus grows deeper every year and it is the service and seeing the results that fosters that growth.

Her relationship with God is very evident in her demeanor and being a nurse seems to be a perfect fit for a caring soul like her. I have seen that side of her for a few years, because at one time I was a patient of hers. As good as that is, it was when she started talking about God, service and children, that her face glowed and she was obviously in her sweet spot.

Wouldn't it be nice if we all showed that glow for God? I think those who can't are missing out on having a healthy heart and soul. I believe it can be kick started when we find out how God would like for us to serve His Kingdom and we answer the call with a yes!

Food For Thought,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment